- Identity. Whose handprint is it? What is it representing?
- Links to historic hand-prints, cave walls, cultural context
- Forensics. Prints used to identify people in crime.
- Used as a signature?
- Paint used looks quite think, and as if it has been pressed twice.
- Not a full hand print, so maybe it wasn’t held for long?
- Perfectly round- shows precision, definite shape, minimalist?
- Difficult to get perfect roundness in ceramics?
- Quite large
- Could be used for dinner parties, food, for show, to hang on the wall as art, no use at all.
- Dark- predominately black.
- Textured- it’t not a block colour, you can see little specks of a lighter colour underneath, lines in the texture almost looks similar to a stitched material.